You may find some people calling handwriting as writing. For those who would skip words (and believe it would not make a difference anyway), here are some points of distinction between ‘Writing’ and ‘Handwriting’. Yes, the two are not and should not be considered being same.
· Writing is an action of noting letters, words or sentences on paper with a writing instrument (pencil, pen etc.)
· Writing may or may not be legible for the reader to extract meaning from it
· Writing in simple words can be limited to putting one’s thought on paper
· Writing can be scribbles, making marks, drawing and more
· It is a mode of communicating
· Handwriting is something that relates to correct formation of letters and words to be able to write long and short sentences
· Handwriting supposedly has to be legible for the reader to comprehend what has been written
· Handwriting involves knowing the letters, visualization skills, controlling the writing instrument, following the correct hand movements etc.
· Handwriting is a mode of presenting one’s thought through writing
So the next time someone uses the tow words inappropriately, check them. Share your knowledge, but first correct yourself (if you too had been making the blunder). For more information about handwriting and different writing styles, visit http://www.writerightindia.com/ today!