We all have witnessed how technological devices like tablets and smartphones have been ruling our lives lately. With such ease and convenience at hand, we have been unknowingly becoming too dependent to these aids. Typing over MS word, making to-do lists in mobile phone apps, noting reminders on mobile calendars have almost declined the need to write in hand.
But, does this give us an excuse to ignore the fact that handwriting still forms the basic component where our education begins? Are we in a state where we can neglect or undo the need of handwritten assignments that kids need to submit in their schools? Absolutely not… How-much-so-ever technology may dominate our needs and demands, handwriting will remain an essential part of learning process in schools.
Why can’t we forget handwriting, at least in schools? Because…
· It helps in identifying the alphabets that forms the written expression of a language
· It develops the ability to learn the language itself
· It adds to vocabulary and written etiquettes of communication
· It indirectly helps build a fluent verbal communication
· It helps remember useful information for long, sometime for a lifetime
· It minimizes errors in writing and while speaking
· And lots more….